Dr. S.V. Sreenivasan is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering and the Joe C. Walter Endowed Chair in Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin. He received his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from The Ohio State University, and a B. Engr. with Honors in mechanical engineering from the National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India. His research is in the area of high throughput nanomanufacturing as applied to electronics, photonics, flexible and wearable devices, terabit density data storage, and emerging biomedical and clean energy applications. Dr. Sreenivasan has published over 100 technical articles and holds over 100 U.S. patents in the area of nanomanufacturing.
He is co-director of the NASCENT Center, a National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center. NASCENT Center is an interdisciplinary research effort in the area of high throughput nanomanufacturing systems to enable future generations of mobile computing and mobile energy technologies.
He co-founded Molecular Imprints Inc. (MII), a spin-out from UT-Austin in 2001. The semiconductor business of MII was acquired by Canon Corporation in 2014. MII's long-standing relationship with the UT-Austin is widely recognized as a model of how top research institutions can partner with business to facilitate bringing novel technologies to market.
He has received several awards for his work including Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum in 2005, University of Texas Chancellors' Award for Entrepreneurship in 2007, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers Leonardo da Vinci Award in 2009, the O'Donnell Award for Technology Innovation conferred by The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas (TAMEST) in 2010, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers William T. Ennor Manufacturing Technology Award in 2011, and the UT-Austin Inventor of the Year Award in 2012.
- Anshuman Cherala, Philip Schumaker, Babak Mokaberi, Kosta Selinidis, Byung-Jin Choi, Mario Meissl, Niyaz Khusnatdinov, Dwayne LaBrake, S.V. Sreenivasan, "Nanoscale Magnification and Shape Control System for Precision Overlay in Jet and Flash Imprint Lithography", IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. Vol. 20, (Feb. 2015), Issue 1, pp. 122-132
- Rachit Agarwal, Vik Singh, Patrick Jurney, Li Shi, S.V. Sreenivasan, and Krishnendu Roy, "Mammalian Cells Preferentially Internalize Hydrogel Nanodiscs over Nanorods and use Shape-specific Uptake Mechanisms", Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, Vol. Vol. 110, (October 22, 2013), No. 43, pp. 17247-17252
- Mohamed Hilali, Shuqiang Yang, Mike Miller, Frank Xu, Sanjay Banerjee and S.V. Sreenivasan, "Enhanced photocurrent in thin-film amorphous silicon solar cells via shape controlled three-dimensional nanostructures", Nanotechnology, Vol. 23, (2012), pp. 405203-1 to 405203-9
- Gerard M. Schmid, Mike Miller, Cynthia Brooks, Niyaz Khusnatdinov, Dwayne LaBrake, Douglas J. Resnick, S. V. Sreenivasan, Gene Gauzner, Kim Lee, David Kuo, Dieter Weller, and XiaoMin Yang , "Step and flash imprint lithography for manufacturing patterned media", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, Vol. 27, (March 2009), 2, pp. 573-580
- S.V. Sreenivasan, "Nano-Scale Manufacturing Enabled by Imprint Lithography", MRS Bulletin, (2008)