Dr. S.V. Sreenivasan is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering and the Thornton Centennial Fellow in Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin. He received his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from The Ohio State University, and a B. Engr. with Honors in mechanical engineering from the National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India. His research is in the area of high throughput nanomanufacturing as applied to terabit density data storage, nano-electronics, photonic devices, and emerging biomedical and clean energy applications. S.V. has published over 100 technical articles and holds over 100 U.S. patents in the area of nanomanufacturing.
He has received several awards for his work including Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum in 2005, University of Texas Chancellors' Award for Entrepreneurship in 2007, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers Leonardo da Vinci Award in 2009, the O'Donnell Award for Technology Innovation conferred by The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas (TAMEST) in 2010, and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers William T. Ennor Manufacturing Technology Award in 2011.
S.V. co-founded Molecular Imprints Inc., a spin-out from UT-Austin in 2001. MII is an Austin-based nanomanufacturing company that employs over 100 people including a diverse and highly educated demographic with over 50% of the employees having advanced degrees in engineering or science. The company's long-standing relationship with the UT-Austin is now widely recognized as a model of how top research institutions can partner with business to facilitate bringing new technologies to market.
- Rachit Agarwal, Vik Singh, Patrick Jurney, Li Shi, S.V. Sreenivasan, and Krishnendu Roy, "Scalable Imprinting of Shape-Specific Polymeric Nanocarriers Using a Release Layer of Switchable Water Solubility", ACS Nano, Vol. 6, (2012), 3, pp. 2524-2531
- Mohamed Hilali, Shuqiang Yang, Mike Miller, Frank Xu, Sanjay Banerjee and S.V. Sreenivasan, "Enhanced photocurrent in thin-film amorphous silicon solar cells via shape controlled three-dimensional nanostructures", Nanotechnology, Vol. 23, (2012), pp. 405203-1 to 405203-9
- Gerard M. Schmid, Mike Miller, Cynthia Brooks, Niyaz Khusnatdinov, Dwayne LaBrake, Douglas J. Resnick, S. V. Sreenivasan, Gene Gauzner, Kim Lee, David Kuo, Dieter Weller, and XiaoMin Yang , "Step and flash imprint lithography for manufacturing patterned media", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, Vol. 27, (March 2009), 2, pp. 573-580
- Y.J. Choi, S.V. Sreenivasan, B.J. Choi, "Kinematic design of large displacement precision XY positioning stage by using cross strip flexure joints and over-constrained mechanism", Mechanisms and Machine Theory, Vol. 43, (2008), pp. 724-737
- S.V. Sreenivasan, "Nano-Scale Manufacturing Enabled by Imprint Lithography", MRS Bulletin, (2008)