Mechanical Engineering Slide Show Long Description
Last modified on January 10th, 2013
2008 Slide show Descriptions
To view the image associated with the story, by mousing over the "Read More" link in the list below. The image and caption will appear on the right side of the screen. Click the link to read the story. Read stories in descending chronicalogical order. 30-39 | 20-29 | 9-19 | 1-8.
- This is a collage image of Associate Professor Matt Campbell, Chair Joe Beaman and Senior Lecturer Billy Wood wearing a "Season's Greetings" red and white plush holiday hat at the annual departmental holiday party. Read more.
- This is a picture of graduate student Shilpa Gulati standing in front of ENDURANCE, a sea-going robot, on Lake Mendota, Wisconsin. She has left for Antarctica to map the topography of a perennially ice-covered lake, West Lake Bonney. Read more.
- This is a picture of Assistant Professor Michael Webber on the roof of the Geosciences building with the power plant and cooling station in the background. Webber is hosting a two-day energy course, Energy Technology and Policy, on December 16-17. Read more.
- This is a picture of graduate student, Dinesh Rabindran and Professr Delbert Tesar with a robot in the robotics lab. Rabindran has been selected to receive an honorable mention for the 2008 IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) Fellowship. Read more.
- This is a collage of the eight recipients of the Mechanical Engineering Academy of Distinguished Alumni Awards which will be awarded on October 24, 2008.
- This is a photo of Dr. Paulo Ferreira, (University of Texas at Austin, Department of Mechanical Engineering) in front of an electron microscope in one of the UT microscopy labs. Dr. Ferreira is working with researchers at MIT. Read more.
- This is a group photo from a past ME Tailgate Party. Alumni, faculty, students and staff and invited to attend the party on October 25, 2008 three hours prior to kick-off at the Oklahoma State game. Read more.
- This is a photo of sculptor Mark di Suvero and his recently installed 40 tall red, metal sculpture Clock Knot that was installed in front of the engineering buildings on September 26, 2008. Read more.
- In this photo, Professor Rodney Ruoff (center) is flanked by post-docs Weiwei Cai (left, a physicist) and Sungjin Park (right, a chemist)in front of the reactor where they are producing carbon-13 labeled graphite, that allows for studies of carbon-13 labeled graphene, a single-atom thick layer of carbon atoms. Read more.
- This is a photo of Engineers Without Borders (EWB) project leads, Kathryn Alexander, Katherine Zimmerman and Courtney Grosvenor meeting with Dr. Janet Ellzey, Associate Chair. The students are all Mechanical Engineering Majors and Dr. Ellzey teaches a class on the Cameroon Project. Read more.