Mechanical Engineering Slide Show Long Description
Last modified on January 10th, 2013
2012 Slide Show Descriptions
To view the image associated with the story, run the mouse over the "Read More" link in the list below.
- Chair Jayathi Murthy and Professor Robert Moser discuss computational fluid dynamics, the main science behind F1 racing. Read more.
- Undergraduate Brian Gawlik and Associate Professor Paulo Ferreira are on a quest to map the motion of a single atom. Ferreira has been working with colleagues in Japan to produce the best photos to date of single atoms using a JEOL electron microscope. Gawlik is using an evaporation chamber to spray gold atoms onto a carbon substrate. Read more.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department is recruiting for four tenure-track positions in Advanced manufacturing, Biomechanics & medical robotics, MEMS/NEMS & microsystems, & Emerging Areas. Applications are now being accepted. Read more.
- Please join us on October 20th for the ME Tailgate Party before the UT vs. Baylor game. Read more.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department welcomes new Assistant Professor Guihua Yu, who specializes in research in Materials Science. Read more.
- Watch the video and read the interview with Associate Professor Adela Ben-Yakar, who was featured on KXAN News on September 19, 2012 explaining her research on killing cancer cells using an energy laser. Read more.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department welcomes new Assistant Professor Nicole Benedek, who specializes in research in Materials Science. Read more.
- The University of Texas at Austin has been selected to receive an $18.5 million grant over the next five years from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to create and lead a nanosystems engineering research center. Professors S.V. Sreenivasan (ME) and Roger Bonnecaze (CE) will lead the center. Read more.
- This is both a historical account of ME Faculty and the Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences (ICES) and description of current work being done in the area of advanced computer modeling needed for mechanical engineering research work. ME Professors George Biros, Omar Ghattas and Robert Moser hold high level appointments there. Read more.
- Assistant Professors Donglei Fan and Carlos Hidrovo have each received a N ational Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, a grant aimed at helping outstanding junior faculty make strong advances in their research and instructional careers. Read more.