Dr. Wang received her Bachelor's degree in Safety Science and Engineering at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 2005 and her Ph.D. degree from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, Indiana, in 2011. After one-year's postdoctoral experience at Purdue University, she joined the faculty of Mechanical Engineering in January 2013. Dr. Wang received the NSF Career Award in February 2014. Dr. Wang's research focuses on the study of ultrafast carrier dynamics and micro/nano-scale heat transfer in nanomaterials with optical spectroscopy. Her research addresses many fundamental problems encountered in a wide variety of disciplines: thermoelectrics, photovoltaics, gas fuel generation, quantum-cascade lasers, etc. Her group has set up several ultrafast time-resolved spectrometers at UT, which are capable of capturing the ultrafast phenomenon occurring from femtosecond (10-15 s) to picosecond (10-12 s) time scale.
Currently Dr. Wang's research interests include:
- Ultrafast optical spectroscopy to detect and control phonon / electron dynamics in nanomaterials for applications in clean energy
- Characterization of micro/nano-scale heat transfer in nanostructures
- Theoretical and computational studies of atomic-level carrier transport with molecular dynamics simulations.
Most Recent Publications
- Y. Wang, B. Qiu, A. J. H. McGaughey, X. Ruan and X. Xu, "Mode-wise thermal conductivity of bismuth telluride," Journal Of Heat Transfer , Vol. 135, (2013), pp. 091102
- 1. Y. Wang, L. Guo, X. Xu, J. Pierce and R.a Venkatasubramanian,, "The Origin of Coherent Phonons in Bi2Te3 Excited by Ultrafast Laser Pulses," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 88, (2013), pp. 064307
- Y. Wang and X. Xu, "Molecular dynamics studies of ultrafast laser-induced non-thermal melting," Applied Physics A, Vol. 1-5, (2012)
- C. Yang, Y. Wang and X. Xu, "Molecular dynamics studies of ultrafast laser-induced phase and structural change in crystalline silicon," International J. Of Heat And Mass Trans, Vol. 55, (2012), 6060
- Y. Wang, X. Xu and R. Venkatasubramanian, "Long-Lived Long-Wavelength Coherent Acoustic Phonons in Bi2Te3 /Sb2Te3 Superlattices," Applied Physical Letters, Vol. 97, (2010), 083103
- C. M. Liebig, Y. Wang and X. Xu, "Controlling Phase Change Using Femtosecond Laser-Excited Coherent Phonons ," Optics Express , Vol. 18, (2010), 20498
- Y. Wang, X. Xu and J. Yang, "Resonant Oscillation of Misch-Metal Atoms in Filled Skutterudites ," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 102, (2009), 175508
- Y. Wang, X. Xu and R. Venkatasubramanian, "Reduction in Coherent Phonon Life Time in Bi2Te3 /Sb2Te3 Superlattices," Applied Physical Letters, Vol. 93, (2008), 113114
- Y. Wang, X. Xu and L. Zheng, "Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Ultrafast Laser Ablation of Fused Silica Film," Applied Physics A, Vol. 92, (2008), 849
- K. Kuang, Y. Wang, X. Huang and G. Liao, "Experimental Study on Fire Suppression: Effectiveness of Superfine and Surface Treatment Powder," Journal Safety & Environment, Vol. 6, (2006), 115